If you’re looking for the best stand-up fishing kayak, you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we will not only show you the 11 best options available on the market today, but we will also provide a complete buying guide so that you can make an informed decision. So whether you’re just getting started in kayak fishing or if you’re a seasoned pro, this guide is sure to have something for everyone.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
Crescent Lite Tackle II kayak
The Crescent Lite Tackle II kayak is an excellent choice for stand-up fishing due to its numerous features. First, it has good storage options for keeping your gear and bait nearby. Second, the kayak is well-rigged for kayak fishing, with features such as adjustable footrests and a rod holder mount. Thirdly, it has a low weight, making it easy to launch into the water or transport when not in use. Lastly, the Crescent Lite Tackle kayak has an adjustable seat backrest that provides comfort during long sessions on the water.
The Bonafide RS117 is a stand-up fishing kayak due to its hybrid catamaran hull design. This hull provides an excellent balance of stability and paddling performance, making it easy for anglers to stand up while maintaining control of their kayak. The RS117 also features adjustable footrests and a seat that can be moved up or down to accommodate different height users. Additionally, the kayak is equipped with two-rod holders and one paddle holder for convenience.
Old Town Sportsman AutoPilot 120
The Old Town Sportsman AutoPilot 120 stands out among other stand-up fishing kayaks due to its premium-quality construction, exceptional stability, and advanced features. The boat is equipped with a Minn Kota Spot-Lock motor system that allows you to travel long distances without exerting any physical effort.
Additionally, you can control the motor system using the Bluetooth-connected i-Pilot remote, which lets you sit back and take in the scenery or position your fishing rods for trolling while you move. Furthermore, the Sportsman AutoPilot 120 offers a whopping 550 pounds of overall capacity so that you can bring any gear items you want; its seating system is adjustable into high or low positions for added comfort deck is fitted with nonslip EVA foam padding for traction during use.
- Equipped with a saltwater-ready, GPS-enabled Minn Kota trolling motor, the Old Town Sportsman AutoPilot 120 motorized kayak allows you to propel and maneuver using the Bluetooth-connected i-Pilot remote. Motor battery is not included.
- This high-end fishing machine gets you to your favorite fishing spot faster and keeps you “anchored” using Minn Kota’s Spot-Lock technology to maintain position on the water so your hands are free to cast, change lures, and reel in the big ones.
- All Old Town Sportsman fishing kayaks are packed with handy convenience features, including customizable accessory tracks, cushioned floor pads for both better comfort and grip, a custom tackle box, and plenty of rod holders.
- The premium dual-layer Textilene mesh seat can be removed for transport and helps you stay cool and comfortable on the water; adjustable foot braces offer ideal maneuverability in steering while the extra-large rudder provides excellent boat control.
- This 12-foot kayak has a 558-pound maximum capacity and usable capacity for people and gear of 331-pounds. The kayak weighs 152 pounds and the removable motor console weighs 24 pounds. Paddle sold separately.
Vibe Cubera 120
The Vibe Cubera 120 is one of the best stand-up fishing kayaks on the market. It’s stable, comfortable, and has plenty of storage for all your gear. The Cubera also comes with a built-in fish finder, making it easy to find the perfect spot to drop your line. If you’re looking for a stand-up fishing kayak that’s a little more budget-friendly, the Vibe Sea Ghost 110 is a great option. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the Cubera, but it’s still a great kayak for fishing.
Feelfree LURE 11.5 V2
The Feelfree Lure stand-up fishing kayak is an excellent choice for stand-up fishing due to its features, such as the padded hull for increased stability, the multi-use console with an inlaid cutting board, and an adjustable Gravity Seat. It also has a removable sonar pod and electronic pod to make installation of a fish finder and transducer easier.
The Feelfree Lure measures 34 inches wide, allowing up to 500 pounds of kayak weight onboard. It has one storage option – the multi-use console behind the bow hatch – which provides easy access to your accessories. The removable adjustable Gravity Seat can be placed at many levels for maximum comfort during rest time; a high backrest is also available if needed.
Perception Outlaw 11.5
The Perception Outlaw 11.5 is a tremendous stand-up fishing kayak due to its many features that make it a high-quality and durable product. Firstly, it is made out of high-density polyethylene, which makes it leak-proof and abrasion-proof. Furthermore, the kayak is lightweight yet has a maximum capacity of 425 lbs, making it suitable for all types of paddlers. The oversized handles allow easy transportation from one place to another, while the removable seat provides comfort during longer kayaking trips.
Furthermore, there are multiple mounts and holders that keep your hands free for activating while on water, such as two bottle holders, two double barrel rod holders which can hold up to four paddles plus three solo mount recesses as well as mesh cover protection plus rectangular mount fish finder mounts so you can keep in sight at all times easily at all times while out on the water. Finally, add storage strap points all around the kayak’s body, allowing you to store gear however priority by nearness, making this an ideal stand-up fishing boat.
- The newest generation in affordable fishing
- Designed to accommodate small to extra large paddlers
- Optimized and elevated seating console – frame seat folds and is removable
- Large bow and stern tank wells provide ample storage for crates and fishing gear
- 2 double-barrel rod holders can accommodate up to 4 fishing rods
Pelican Catch PWR 100
The Pelican Catch PWR 100 stands out as a stand-up fishing kayak because of its shallow arch hull design, providing outstanding stability in various glasses of water. The kayak’s width is 39.75 inches, providing plenty of space for all your fishing gear and allowing you to comfortably stand and launch cast after cast. Additionally, it weighs just 78 pounds making it highly portable while still offering up to 450 pounds of capacity to accommodate all your gear. Finally, the transom is compatible with any type of trolling motor, so you can easily install one and go out on the water in no time at all!
Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14
The Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14 is a stand-up fishing kayak that offers great balance and is effortlessly one of the pinnacle models for anglers. It boasts an ST seat that is both comfortable and well-located, as well as extra dry storage compartments than any other kayak in its class. Furthermore, it has a 500-kilo capacity, making it perfect for use on calm lakes or uneven coastal waters. The Mirage Pro Angler 14 also features a mirage drive pedal system, so your hands are free to fish with instead of having to paddle.
Wilderness Systems ATAK 120
The Wilderness Systems ATAK 120 stands out as a stand-up fishing kayak due to its superior tracking performance, stability, and durability. The kayak tracks well even in windy conditions, making it easy for users to maneuver and stay on course. It is also super stable both when sitting or standing, allowing users to comfortably fish without the fear of falling in. Additionally, the kayak’s durable build allows it to withstand hitting rocks without sustaining any damage.
- An advanced tactical angling kayak (a. T. A. K. ) that is compatible with the new Helix md motor drive
- Enjoy the award-winning design of the ATAK 140 in a compact package for increased manageability
- Celebrated for its open customizable platform, unmatchable stability and a wind-shedding deck
- Patented suspension-style seat for all day comfort and performance; High, low and Recline positions allow for great visibility and stability
- Adjustable keepers XL foot braces – large, padded footrests for support and comfort; Easy to adjust locking lever
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 135T
The Wilderness Systems Tarpon 135T is a stand-up fishing kayak that stands out due to its spacious design, two Phase 3 AirPro seats, two SlideTrax gear tracks for each paddler, adjustable foot braces, and paddle holders. The single-seater version is also available. The sealed hatches allow you to keep personal items within reach, and the storage pockets provide space for smaller items. The bow and stern tank wells also have bungee rigging to secure your deck gear. With all of these features combined, the Wilderness Systems Tarpon 135T is an ideal kayak for those who want to stand up while fishing in flat water conditions.
Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Kayak
The Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Kayak is an excellent stand-up fishing kayak due to its high-density polyethylene construction, adjustable padded seat for maximum comfort, and various storage options. It also features rod holders, a swivel holder, and bow/stern holders to ensure that the kayaker has all the necessary equipment for successful fishing.
Additionally, the Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 is equipped with a skeg which helps keep it stable on the water and allows it to cut through waves easily. Furthermore, this kayak has been known for its ability to maneuver easily despite its low weight making it perfect for launching from shore or transporting between locations. Lastly, although this kayak may not be suitable for whitewater tides or strong waves due to its limited standing area, there are still plenty of other areas where anglers can stand while fishing in comfort!
- Olive Green
- Draft 5 in. (12,7 cm)
- Length 120 in. (304,8 cm)
- Warranty 5-Year Limited
- Weight Capacity 275 lb. (124,7 kg)
What should you consider when buying a stand-up fishing kayak?
When buying a stand-up fishing kayak, there are several factors and features to consider:
1. Size and weight: Consider the size and weight of the kayak, as this will affect how easy it is to maneuver and transport.
2. Stability: Look for a kayak that is designed with stability in mind, as this will ensure you can stand up without losing your balance or tipping over.
3. Seating system: Look for a kayak with an adjustable or removable seating system so you can adjust it to fit your needs, whether standing or sitting down fishing.
What are the benefits of using stand-up fishing kayaks?
Increased Stability and Maneuverability
Using a stand-up fishing kayak can increase both stability and maneuverability. A flat hull provides higher stability levels on flatwater than a rounded hull. This enables the kayak to remain upright even in rough conditions, such as choppy waters or surf. Additionally, having a flat bottom allows for an increased surface area for standing, which aids in maintaining balance while fishing. Furthermore, using a hybrid paddle when standing up can provide even more stability and maneuverability than traditional paddles while sitting down.
Easier to See and Cast
Using a stand-up fishing kayak makes it easier to see and cast because it allows you to stand up while fishing, giving you better visibility and accuracy. It also allows you to easily access your gear and avoid snags from the water touching the end of your rod while seated. Furthermore, standing up while casting gives you a greater range of motion for better accuracy and fewer snags.
Better Angling Experience
Stand-up fishing kayaks offer several advantages over traditional sit-in kayaks. For one, they provide a better angling experience by allowing you to stand up and cast your line without worrying about tipping over. This also means you can move around more easily and get into position for the perfect shot.
Increased Mobility on Shore and in Water
The increased mobility of stand-up fishing kayaks allows users to more easily access remote areas, explore shallow waters, and maneuver around obstacles such as rocks or reefs. This increased mobility also provides better stability in the water, allowing users to cast their lines further without worrying about tipping over. Additionally, the lightweight design of these kayaks makes them easier to drag up onto shore or transport between locations than traditional sit-in kayaks.
Ability to Carry Additional Gear and Cargo
A stand-up fishing kayak can help with gear and cargo because it offers more space than a traditional sit-in kayak. It can also carry heavier items such as fishing gear or supplies. However, the trade-off with a stand-up fishing kayak is its overall weight which may make it difficult to maneuver without the help of another paddler or one of these helpful kayak carts. Additionally, these kayaks are slower and more cumbersome in the water than sit-in models.
Better Comfort with Seat and Backrest
When it comes to fishing, comfort is key. You want to be able to enjoy your time out on the water and not have to worry about being uncomfortable. That’s where stand-up fishing kayaks come in. You’ll stay comfortable for hours on end with a seat and backrest. And because you’re not sitting on the ground, you won’t have to worry about getting wet or cold.
Ability to Fish in Different Conditions and Water Types
Stand-up fishing kayaks offer several benefits for anglers looking to fish in different conditions and water types. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that they provide a stable platform from which to fish. This is especially beneficial in choppy water conditions or when fishing from a rocky shoreline.
Cost Efficiency Compared to Other Watercrafts
Stand-up fishing kayaks are a great option for those looking to get into the sport of kayak fishing. They offer many benefits over other types of watercraft, including cost efficiency. Stand-up fishing kayaks are generally less expensive than other types of kayaks on the market. This is due to the fact that they are typically made from lower-cost materials and require less maintenance. In addition, stand-up fishing kayaks are easier to transport and store than other kayaks.
What features should I look for in a stand-up fishing kayak?
When shopping for a stand-up fishing kayak, it’s essential to keep an eye out for the following features:
• Length: The length of a kayak affects its performance in the water, so make sure you choose one that is suitable for your needs.
• Width: A wider kayak provides more stability and roomier storage space, which is important if you plan to use it for long or overnight camping trips.
• Weight capacity: Make sure the kayak you choose can support your weight and any gear or supplies you plan on bringing.
• Seating arrangement: Look for models with adjustable seats that provide comfort while paddling long distances or during longer trips where fatigue may occur sooner than usual.
• Storage space: Many stand-up fishing kayaks come equipped with storage compartments designed specifically for storing gear and supplies while out on the water; make sure yours has enough space if this is important to you!
Are stand-up fishing kayaks more stable than sit-in kayaks?
Regarding stability, stand-up fishing kayaks have a clear advantage over sit-in models. That’s because you’re not sitting in them – you’re standing on them. This gives you a much higher center of gravity, which makes it harder for the kayak to tip over. In addition, stand-up fishing kayaks tend to have wider hulls than sit-in kayaks, adding to their stability.
What is the best type of stand-up fishing kayak for a beginner?
If you’re new to stand-up fishing, kayaks can be a great option. They provide good stability and are relatively easy to maneuver. Sit-on-top kayaks are generally the best type for beginners, as they’re easy to get in and out of. For added stability, you may also want to consider a kayak with a wider beam (width).
What accessories should I consider for my stand-up fishing kayak?
When shopping for a stand-up fishing kayak, you may want to consider the following accessories:
• Rod holders – These are designed to secure your fishing rods while on the water. They can be found on most stand-up fishing kayaks and are usually located at either end of the boat.
• Tackle box storage system – A tackle box storage system will allow you to organize your fishing gear and store it away safely in one place. Many stand-up kayaks come with built-in systems that allow you to store your bait, lures, and other items conveniently within reach while out on the water.
• Transducer mount – A transducer mount is used to install an underwater sensor that detects fish or other objects beneath the water’s surface using sonar technology. You can find these mounts on many stand-up kayaks explicitly designed for anglers who want an easier time locating their prey underwater.
What is the best type of kayak for fishing in freshwater lakes?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on several factors, including the type of fish you are targeting, the size and depth of the lake, and your personal preferences. However, kayaks designed specifically for fishing (often called “fishing kayaks”) are usually a good choice for freshwater lakes. These kayaks are often wider and more stable than traditional kayaks, and they often have features like built-in rod holders and storage compartments that make them ideal for fishing.
What is the difference between a stand-up kayak and a stand-up paddleboard?
Both need to be highly stable, with stand-up paddleboards requiring more due to the lack of a paddle. Stand-up paddleboards are generally wider than stand-up kayaks due to the need for comfort and maneuverability with a paddle in hand. Additionally, stand-up paddling kayaks require a flat hull, while stand-up paddleboards may have V-shaped or round hulls.
What is the price range for stand-up fishing kayaks?
Stand-up fishing kayaks typically range in price from $500 to $3,000. Pedal drives and premium seating can drive up the price significantly. However, many budget-friendly options are still available if you don’t need all the bells and whistles.